WhiteHatBox
Share Page
Following(0)
Partner(s)
outofbounds69

Is Windows 10 Creating Problem?

ReplyThanks 2015/08/22 19:46:09 0 0

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit operatingsystem.

Hello,

When I tried to download software, Norton blocked it.

This was their code:

WS.Reputation.1

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2010-051308-1854-99

I then allowed the software to run on my computer, then I received a Notification:

Which States: WhiteHatBox

Your System need you run the program using administrator rights,

because the program is installed in a protected folder.

Please right-click the program and select "Run as administrator".

Or you can try to install this software in another folder.

My questions are:

Why do I have to give "Run as administrator" rights?
I did try and click the "Run as administrator" But when I did, windows ask me if I really want to give full system rights to this program. So declined and I am now writing this post.

Can I or how do I install in another folder?

Also, I went and tried to sign in to the "spinnerchief web" version and itkeeped telling me that my username and password were incorrect.afternumerousapwttempts, I refreshed the page and still no luck. I then changedmy to see if this would help. Still no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Russ

Aprilcaicai
2015/08/23 22:20:01

Hi, outofbounds69. We apologize for not replying you earlier.

1. It is a false alarm from Norton, just disable Norton temporary or add an unexception into norton to allow whiethatbox.exe

2. Usually the program(whitehatbox app) will be installed in the system program folder, on some computers, when you want to write file into a system program folder, the computer need you have an administrator rights. Whitehatbox app need download the software and write the file in the folder, so it need an administrator rights. But not all computers need administrator rights do this.
3. When run the whitehatbox install program, you can select a install driver and folder, there you can select like D:\whitehatbox to install it, and all program files will be downloaded and installed in that folder.
<< < 1> >>
VerifyCode
Advanced Option