WhiteHatBox
Share Page
Following(0)
Partner(s)
tprice

Delete button in Articles Compare window gives inconsistent results

ReplyThanks 2015/04/27 11:26:27 0 0

I generated 650 articles. I'm using a 25% duplication threshold, so when I click the Delete button in the Articles Compare window it pops up the little window that shows how many articles it will keep and how many it will delete.

Here's the weird thing:

After the comparison was done I clicked the Delete button, and it said:

Deleted: 54 Left 596

I clicked "No" because I didn't want to delete them yet. IMPORTANT: I did not delete the articles. I clicked "No". However, I then immediately clicked the Delete button again and to my surprise it changed the amounts:

Deleted: 84 Left: 566

I was confused why it would change the number of articles to delete. These are the same set of articles. The 25% is still the same. All I did was hit "No" not to delete them, but then click the Delete button again. So I decided to experiment. I hit "No" again, then clicked the Delete button once more:

Deleted: 100 Left: 550

Hit "No" and clicked Delete again...

Deleted: 119 Left: 531

Deleted: 168 Left: 482

Deleted: 168 Left: 482

Now no matter how many times I click "No" and the Delete button again, I keep getting Deleted: 168 Left 482.

Questions:

1) Why is it doing this? Why is the number of duplicate articles changing when the Delete % threshold hasn't changed and the articles are all the same?

2) Is 482 the true number of articles with less than 25% duplication?

It seems as if the first time I'm hitting delete it's not actually getting rid of all of the duplicate articles. So if I just took the articles when it said it would keep 596, it would actually be giving me duplicate articles.

3) So should I hit Delete multiple times to make sure to get rid of all of the duplicate articles?

This is very confusing. Please help!

VIDEO SHOWING PROBLEM: http://screencast.com/t/lBUtNJ7pMSo

WhiteHatBox
2015/04/28 02:44:06

It should be a bug, we will check and fix it asap.

The SpinnerChief 4 will be released very soon in few days, it should have no this bug.

Let's ROCK!
tprice
2015/04/28 11:33:39

Thanks. Since I use SpinnerChief every day for my job, I don't have the luxury of waiting until the bug is fixed. I still need to use it right now. So could you answer this question:

As explained above, I was originally given 596 articles with only 25% duplication. Is that actually a correct number? Should I use all 596 articles with confidence that none of them have over 25% duplication? Or should I keep clicking Delete > No > Delete > No > Delete > No Delete until I get a lower number of articles that doesn't change anymore? So in my example above, should I go with the 482 articles instead?

I want to make sure that before the bug is fixed I'm only using articles with less than 25% duplication. Which number can I trust? 596 or 482?

I don't want to use all 596 articles and then later find out 114 of them (596-482) are actually above the 25% threshold.

Thanks for your help!

Aprilcaicai
2015/04/30 05:31:21
Please send your serial code to [email protected], we will upgrade your sc3 license to sc4 that is working much better.
tprice
2015/05/04 16:26:38

This problem still exists in SC4...

I spin 650 articles. Then I compare them with a 25% threshold. After it computes the percentages I click the Delete button and it tells me there will be 564 articles left. I clicked No, then immediately clicked Delete again and it tells me there will be less articles left. I repeated the Delete > No > Delete > No > Delete sequence until it stopped at 297 articles. If I keep clicking Delete > No > Delete it will keep giving me 297.

So how many of the 650 articles are under 25% duplicate? 564 or 297?

Surely someone should be able to answer this for me!

tprice
2015/05/05 16:47:01

The same problem happens when you compare articles and delete the duplicate ones. If you calculate the remaining articles with the exact same duplication threshold, it shouldn't find any duplicate articles. Yet, it finds more duplicate articles to delete. If you delete them and compare the remaining articles, it finds more to delete. If you delete those and compare the remaining articles, it finds more duplicates to delete!

I don't know which number to trust. Is it not calculating all the duplicates correctly the first time around? Or is it mistakenly calculating more duplicates each time I compare?

It certainly does not work the way the demo video for SC2 shows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=357&v=EyhoxsKDBns

Can someone please tell me what's going on here?

Why isn't this working?

Seriously, this is such a big feature in your software it's stupid that it isn't working, and that you haven't answered my questions yet on which number to trust.

Help!!!

WhiteHatBox
2015/05/06 02:10:45

It is strange, when I tested it, it is no problem. I maybe related to the articles.

Can you please send me your 650 articles, then I can use your articles to make a fully test, then a fast fix.

you can zip and send the articles to [email protected] , thanks.

Let's ROCK!
<< < 1> >>
VerifyCode
Advanced Option